Sunday, January 12, 2014

And this is why Texas is wonderful....

As my family members hunkered down in Washington for a blustery, cold January day I thought it would be a great day to go to the park!  Why? Because I live in Texas and it feels like Summer!  We had our little bit of winter a couple weeks ago (a "little bit" of Winter is about all I can handle) and I'm glad we have moved on to Spring. 

Steve and I had grand plans of packing up the whole brood and taking them to the park, but the kids are still "tag team" napping at this point so I took the twins during Andrew's nap and then Steve and Andrew worked on their golf skills while the babes slept.


Claire and Isaac had a blast on the swings! They just smiled and smiled as their hair fluffed in the breeze. I'm so happy that Isaac can now enjoy all these outside sounds that he couldn't before his Cochlear Implant.  He's only had it turned on for a little over a month, but I've already noticed him smiling at sounds and turning when he hears something.  The other day when I said "HI" Isaac waved to me!  
 

Taking a little ride on a friendly dinosaur.
 
  The twins weren't too thrilled about stepping in the bark, but Isaac sure enjoyed sitting in it and picking up every little piece and turning it around in his chubby little fingers. Claire spent a lot of time pointing and crying.  She really didn't like being down by herself surrounded by all that bark.  You'd think it was hot lava by how she was carrying on, but we found a stick and she discovered that it was fun to drag that stick in the bark and dig holes. 

 Andrew is still the best one-handed golfer I've ever seen!  He had so much fun playing in the sun.  I was inside, but could hear his little voice say "go, go!" over and over.  He is doing so well since his surgery in July.  No seizures and we will begin weaning his medication later this month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment