Monday, February 13, 2012

Towel Bibs

Andrew is learning to feed himself which means: lots and lots of spills and messes! He has outgrown his old bibs and needed something a little bigger and something a little harder to rip off! So here's how I made his new Towel Bibs! I was able to whip up three during his nap.



1. I cut up an old shirt into 2 inch strips to use as the neck binding.
2. I used a CD (and later used a smaller IKEA bowl because the CD was just too big) to trace around for the neck hole.


3. I measured enough binding to go around the neck hole and sewed it to make a circle.
4. Pin the binding in place.



5. Sew around the binding using about a 1/2 inch seam.
6. Under stitch the raw edges to the inside of the towel (this will help the neck binding the stay flat.


7. Next I appliqued some fun shapes using Heat n Bond and zig zagging around the edges.
8. Check it out! Three cute towel bibs that will keep Andrew's shirts clean from drips, drops and spills!




2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to decide if I love you for putting up pictures so I can copy off of you, or if I hate you for doing these AFTER I left NM!!! :) I'm gonna go with loving you. It's better for our friendship. :)

    ReplyDelete